Monday, February 9, 2009

Buying more gear....

I crumbled.....I bought the Taj 3 tent. If the damn thing wasn't so on sale (I saved over $70 on the purchase), I would have held back. But it is such a good tent and such a great price. And besides, it will never hurt be to have a larger tent. Even if I drag aforementioned significant other on his first paddling trip and he ends up hating it, there are friends to share a tent with, or I can just enjoy more space to myself. Or I can find a new boyfriend. Just joking about that last one.

The tent's going to get in when I'm away in Florida for a week - what a fun toy to play with when I get back, though! I hope this baby serves me well. In examining it further, it looks like the setup is nearly identical to my current one-person tent, so I hope it feels familar and performs just as well as my first one.

I'm ready for camping by myself, and I'm ready for camping with two. Now the ground just needs to thaw, the temperature needs to rise, and I need to be back out in the woods and on the river!

No comments:

Post a Comment