Saturday, January 24, 2009

Backrest issue = resolved?


Immediately after writing my last post, I began hunting for a backrest pad to replace my old, destroyed one. I weighed in the option of getting a full sit-on-top kayak chair vs. a simple pad to go on my backrest. My hangup with a sit-on-top kayak chair was that it may not fit into my kayak (since it is not a sit-on-top) and that I couldn't keep it in place with the hardware provided. Plus, they are way more expensive. Then I ran across the Crazy Creek air cushion, as displayed at right.
I thought I found a great deal on eBay for $26.00 total. I bought it. Immediately after buying it, and belive me, I did good research beforehand, I found that Crazy Creek was selling it for $12.50 from its site. With shipping, that would've put it to $21.48. So I paid $5.00 more than I should have....oh well.
I'm excited to try this out come spring! My hope is that the ability to adjust it with the air bladder inside will be a nice, comfortable option for me, and the beauty of its design is that I can also use it for a butt pad on a canoe seat as well. I'm even having grand visions of using it as my camp pillow at night as well! We'll see if this is all feasible when it comes in the mail...


No comments:

Post a Comment